Thursday, February 14, 2008

The first cranes arrive

What joy to find a dozen brightly colored, beautifully folded cranes awaiting me in my mailbox today. My friend Marilyn's friend Andrew (Paper arts and "Origami guy extrordinairre") sent me a lovely package of cranes that I received today... I'm sure that Stacey will LOVE them.

Then a little while later, my Mom showed up with over 65! A bag full that her good friend folded from a beautiful wrapping paper and around a dozen from my mom... such a WONDERFUL contribution. We had fun folding a few more up here today. My studio is a loft space that hangs over our living room so I flew my crane of the loft - it landed safely on the coffee table - I crack me up sometimes!!! My mom, even funnier, said, "I worked too hard to fold mine just right to throw him!" and she tucked him into the box instead.

This is soooo cool. I love seeing what everyone is doing to support Stacey. She is already so touched. When I went to visit her on Tuesday I brought her the first 67 from the last post's photo. I knew that she would love to fold some for herself, but I also believe deeply in the power of positive anticipation. Remembering back to the Victor Frankl book I read years ago reminded me of this concept and helped me to decide to bring the first set.

I know that Stacey is only going to get the best news.

Thanks to everyone who even reads about this movement and thinks good thoughts for Stace.

Love,
Jul

3 comments:

The Dolezars said...

Hey Julee--
Jake sent me your blog link, and I'm so happy that Stacey has you to love her. What a blessing you are to her. I'll keep checking back to get updates on Stacey. If I can manage it, the boys and I will fold cranes as well. In the meantime, you are all in our thoughts and prayers, and we'll be sure to send up special prayers for Stacey.
xoxo--inga

Timaree said...

I hope you don't mind if my granddaughter helps. At 11, it's good for her to know people are helped by many different things and she loves folding these cranes. She says she will be sending me 10 to forward to you. Helping hands to form a chain of goodness. I will be making some this weekend also. I don't know Stacey (I am new to ZNE) but I believe in the saying about sorrows shared are sorrows divided. Good luck on your 1000!

MinervasMadness said...

I would love to send a crane. What address, please?
Regards,
Cathy Minerva